For Over 45 Years...
With the experience gained since our genesis in 1973, General Digital Software Services has developed a comprehensive understanding of regulatory and documentation needs. We work with our clients to craft creative and compliant technology solutions for applications in Medical, Avionics, Transportation, Industrial Control and other regulated industries.
Our teams are expert hardware and software designers, testers (IV&V) and document compliance specialists. We understand there is no “one size fits all” approach when designing products and product enhancements in regulated industries.
Over the decades, our team has developed electronics and software for mission critical and safety critical control and processing applications. Our portfolio spans many industries and thousands of projects.
To ensure compliance, we leverage defensive design practices early on, which makes validation testing a “proof of compliance” rather than a “discovery of deficiencies.” Specifically, we design with the end in mind, emphasizing requirements-based design while managing technical risks—especially when developing systems that contain significant software functionality.
These products have substantial associated documentation, and in most cases, have planned sustaining or incremental feature releases via software updates. Using an ISO:2008-compliant Quality System ensures that your project will be completed within an established process, thus accommodating informed dynamic decisions throughout the product lifecycle.
General Digital Software Services is dedicated to finding the optimum solution for each and every customer’s unique design, implementation, independent testing and documentation needs, getting their product to market safely, efficiently and on budget.
We specialize in...
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Medical Device Testing and Development to FDA and CE Standards
- System Level Testing
- Embedded Software Development
- Integration Testing (HSIT, SSIT)
- Unit Testing for Safety-critical Embedded Systems
We have extensive experience with...
- Requirements management systems
- Many languages including:
- C/C++, C#, Assembly
- Ada, LabVIEW, Perl, Python
- SQL, Ruby, Qt
- Vidual Studio, Eclipse, Renesas
- Freescale/NXP, ARM
- WCF, WPF, XAML
- Xamarin, Mono, GNU
- Windows, Linus, Porprietary RTOS
- Android, IOS, Bare-Metal
- TCP-based protocols, CAN, Bluetooth
- Machine Vision
- Many more
- Testing to strict FAA Guidelines DO-178B/DO-178C up to DAL-A
- Requirements-Based Testing and Development
- Black Box and White Box Testing
- Test Planning and Execution
- Discrepancy Resolution
- Project Coordination
- Tool Qualification
- Result Reporting
- RTOS, embedded Linux and Desktop operating systems
We are capable with a wide variety of development and verification tools, including:
- CASTLES Automated Test Case Generator
- TCG/FORGER Automated Test Case Generator
- Rational Test RealTime
- Microtec XRAY Debugger
- Tartan Adascope Debugger
- XDADA 68000 Family Debugger
- Green Hills Multi Compiler/Debugger
- GDB Debugger
- Wind River SingleStep
- TRACE32 Simulator/Debugger