General Digital's Embedded Processing Module
Since our inception in 1973, General Digital has found a niche in being able to customize and ruggedize hardware to suit a customer’s exact specification. This flexibility allows our government, military, aerospace, and varied industrial buyers to offer innovative solutions to their end users in volumes not supported by commercial-grade OEMs.
To enhance our ability to continue providing these innovative solutions, our world-class team of engineers have developed a state-of-the-art embedded processing platform. This solution brings more capability in-house during a period of unprecedented supply chain interruptions.
By taking ownership of our Embedded Processing Modules, we're able to provide our customers with benefits such as:
- Increased customization of form, fit, and function
- Choice of secondary and tertiary component alternatives to maintain or prolong production life with like or equivilant
- Specify military-grade components (as required)
- Support of EOL announcements and Last-Time-Buy opportunities
Developed in support of multiple U.S. military programs, this platform (hosted on a COM Express module) gives us the ability to easily configure products to meet complex requirements. The implemention of our own embedded computer-on-module technology greatly enhances compatability with other systems, allowing us to provide highly customized solutions for our customers using military-grade components.
The platform works with a variety of operating systems (Linux, Windows, RTOS) and hosts up to 8 USB ports, as well as other commonly used I/Os. Other features supported include:
- Active and passive cooling
- DisplayPort, DVI, LVDS, and Dual DisplayPort outputs
- Multiple gigabit Ethernet ports
- mSATA and SATA for SSD’s or other storage devices
- Keypad control (status LEDs including a breathing LED for sleep mode)
- Coin cell battery for RTC
- Bootloadable functionality available for our Onboard MCU for Field Programmability
- Touch Screen compatibility
- Serial control
- Analog input/output for features such as temperature sensors, backlight control, or other peripherals
- mPCIe card interface
- Including support for Fiber Network, CANbus, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other high-speed devices)
General Digital’s new Embedded Processing Module is currently available in our Tactical TwoView and other ruggedized workstations. This capability further supports our mission to provide the best possible products at the lowest feasible cost to be deployed in the world’s harshest environments. It’s one of the many ways that we continue Engineering What’s Next.