“Why should I buy display products and services from General Digital?”
A valid question considering the numerous LCD monitor and keyboard copycat manufacturers flooding the market. Following is our “Top 28 List” of what makes General Digital stand apart from the imitators.
By the way, we would like to mention how grateful we are for our loyal customers’ referrals of friends and associates to General Digital.
1. Highly trained and tenured production staff delivers to our valued customers quality and reliability in every product.
2. All overlay procedures (touch screens, vandal shields, optical filters, bonding) performed in Class 100 laminar flow bench (clean bench) to minimize contamination on display surface.
3. Being a small business with 15,000 sq. ft. of production space, we are agile enough to accommodate special requests. We differentiate ourselves from other small businesses that are often unable to fulfill special requests because of resource limitations and lack of expertise; whereas large businesses are often unwilling to fulfill special requests due to overhead and feasibility restrictions.
4. All products designed, manufactured and serviced in the U.S.A. allowing for:
- Access to original design engineers for easy support
- Reduced shipping costs within the United States
- Easy quality audits and source inspections
- English-speaking sales, service, and support
- Compliance with the Buy American Act
5. General Digital is registered with the United States government’s Central Contractor’s Registration (CCR), the Small Business Administration (SBA), and the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR Part 122).
6. We’ve brought to the market numerous technological innovations since our inception in 1973.
7. Flexible, modular designs provide internal building blocks that can be used on multiple product platforms, or that can be incorporated into custom products to reduce development time; it also facilitates the replacement of obsolete components with like or equivalent substitutes to support long product life cycles.
9. Majority of our products are packaged in rugged, all-metal enclosures.
10. Small business mentality and infrastructure unencumbers engineering team such that they can quickly respond to custom requirements and design challenges.
11. Engineering prowess second to none. From Electrical, Mechanical and Optical Engineering to Software and Compliance Engineering, our talented workforce possesses the willingness and expertise to design systems and applications tailored to meet your specific requirements.
12. We have a vast product offering with a multitude of standard and custom options to suit ruggedized, specialized and customized applications.
13. Products are built-to-order, with consultative engineers able to tailor each system to meet your exact requirements.
14. Integration of flat panel displays from multiple sources of supply allows us to offer our customers the best price vs. performance advantages.
15. Video controllers provide vastly enhanced features not found in commodity LCD monitors, such as gamma control, remote power on/off, picture-in-picture, tiling of multiple video sources, run time counters, and more.
16. We possess in-house equipment for design, test and validation including temperature/humidity chamber, photometers, colorimeters, IR thermometer and thermocouples, and data logger.
17. Product burn-in at minimum room temperature for 72 hours; up to 168 hours for demanding applications.
18. On-site technicians trained and certified to several industry standards:
- J-STD-001 HS
- Certified Instructional Trainer (CIT)
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS)
19. Quality control inspection is performed on 100% of product manufactured, not on a sample lot.
20. All displays inspected to MIL-PRF-13830 80/50 scratch/dig criteria.
22. AS9100D is pending, expected in mid-2023
23. We have the capital equipment to perform in-house Confidence Testing for many criteria:
- Altitude and Pressure Testing
- Vibration Testing
- Environmental Stress Screening
- IP/NEMA Testing
- EMI Testing
- Photometric Testing
24. Attention and dedication to configuration control; the majority of our customers are government or Department of Defense related, many of whom require “frozen” parts lists or Engineering Change Notice approvals before acceptance of product modifications.
25. We manufacture both standard and custom products as long as the components are commercially available.
26. Upon our notification of component obsolescence, we offer all our affected customers last-time-buy opportunities.
27. We offer long product life cycles on most of what we build. To that end, upon learning of component obsolescence, we send out Last-Time Buy/End Of Life announcements so as not to disrupt product delivery. We ensure Form, Fit, and Function replacement with like or equivalent components.
And, most importantly...
28. ...because we listen to you. Our passion is your satisfaction. We are a friendly, highly skilled and educated group of people who feel that our customers are to be treated the “old-fashioned” way—with respect and concern for their needs.