Manager of IV&V (Independent Verification and Validation) — Full-Time
General Digital is seeking a talented individual to lead and grow a diverse team of software test engineers. We provide software services at every level and for many industries, including medical, aerospace, and commercial.
We are looking for someone who is energetic, flexible and loves solving problems. You will often be managing multiple projects at the same time, in different industries and with different scopes. It would be your responsibility to manage resources efficiently, but also look for opportunities to mentor your team and cross-train with different technologies.
The ideal candidate enjoys rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty. The right fit will be just as happy shoulder to shoulder with their staff in the lab as they are with day to day management duties.
You must have a passion for excellence. It will be your job to make that passion contagious, and to set and maintain your high standards.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone that can lead with enthusiasm, good humor and smile. We like to have fun. So should you!
- Strong leadership abilities and extensive experience managing the activities of software quality engineering and assurance teams
- Practical experience as a leader in the use of modern software development methodologies/processes with an ability to direct the use of resources to meet department goals
- Experience with Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) testing products (e.g., LDRA, TRACE32, VectorCAST)
- Knowledge of software technology industry trends, considerations, and emerging technologies
- Extensive experience in design control for regulated products and knowledge of applicable regulations and standards used in regulated industries (e.g., DO-178C, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, ISO:14971, 21 CFR 820)
- Strong experience setting up testing frameworks/environments from the ground up
- Experience with using Makefiles to setup build processes
- Experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, VxWorks or other RTOS)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with senior leadership
- Experience leading cross-functional testing teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 10+ experience performing software verification and validation testing, preferably with embedded software for regulated industries
- Minimum 7+ years software management experience
- Ability and desire to interface with customers
All candidates are encouraged to outline, in a detailed cover letter, why they are well-suited to fulfill this position. Send résumé and cover letter to Sandra Gudrian firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Digital is an equal opportunity employer. All of our locations afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap or disability, veteran status, or because he/she is a disabled veteran.