General Digital offers a variety of rugged electronic LCD monitor products designed for commercial, industrial, and military use in high technology applications. Additionally, General Digital is a leading engineering and custom software services company serving the needs of the industrial, defense, aviation, and medical industries.
Sales Account Manager/Technical Sales Engineer – Full-Time
To help uncover and close new business, as well as help manage our growing business, this new position requires a highly motivated candidate with the ability to understand the business and competently speak with all levels of a customer’s technical and business organization, and internal management and staff. The individual will also ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales approach consisting of lead generation, follow up, closing and ongoing relationship management.
- Generates new sales orders through high-level consultative sales techniques with senior customer leadership to include C-suite level
- Identifies new business in opportunities and expands current customer relationships
- Prospecting for new customers both virtually and in person
- Adheres to processes and best practices to insure profitable growth
- Maintains Salesforce database with accurate and timely required data
- Reports directly to Vice President, Product Development & Software Services Division
DETAILS OF FUNCTIONS
- Prospects for new leads and follow up with existing contacts via LinkedIn, e-mail, phone calls, etc. to uncover new business opportunities
- Expert use of online presentation tools such as GoToMeeting, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Coordinates proper company resources (developers, testers and production, etc.) to ensure efficient and stable sales results
- Work closely with GDC’s marketing department to leverage resources and build brand awareness among customer set
- Territory is open nationally, and possibly internationally, however the Northeast/NYC- Boston is the primary focus
- Travels as needed to customer site for meetings, trade shows presentations, etc.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time, overnight travel is expected, when appropriate and safe
- Travel could be international on occasion
- Works with VP to develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company products
- Interprets short- and long-term objectives and sales strategies in operation profit as laid out by VP
- Adheres to all sales policies, practices and procedures
- Reviews progress of sales with VP on weekly basis
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams via Salesforce
- Keeps accurate records including trip reports, expenses and enters all required sales ops information into Salesforce
- Attend regular meetings with customers, sales staff, management and some engineering meetings
A university degree in marketing or business studies, or relevant education and experience in and around embedded devices, medical devices, avionics and aerospace, and certified environments is preferred. Problem-solving and analytical skills to translate sales objectives into actionable sales plans using market trend information. Experience in developing personal marketing and sales strategies, and onboarding of new logos and building and maintaining of long-term relationships. Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (or other contact management software) is required.
Please e-mail your résumé and cover letter to HR Manager - Sandi Gudrian at: SGudrian@GeneralDigital.com
General Digital is an equal opportunity employer. All of our locations afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap or disability, veteran status, or because he/she is a disabled veteran.